Website Copywriting Services
Boost Sales With Website Copy Tailored To Your Local Audience
Our website copywriting service will target your audience’s needs and improve your website’s content while boosting sales.
Why Choose Our Website Copywriting Services?
Hello business owners, this is the CEO of M.J. Web Design. I wanted to write the first section on each page because I want to thank you for checking out our website and to introduce you to our company/website copywriting services page. If you’re looking for an experienced content writer for the web, you have come to the right place.
For too long, business owners have been subjected to content writing that makes their websites feel like an online billboard. When was the last time you paid attention to a billboard? M.J. Web Design’s goal is to write website copy for your business that sells. What does that mean?
It means instead of writing about your business and what you do. We write your content to form an emotional connection with your target audience that makes them say, “I need that!” Want to know more? Keep reading.
What Makes DIY Website Copy Bad
And how it turns off your consumers.
We Maintain A 5-Star Rating With Local Business Owners
You Won't Have To Worry About What To Write
We aim to write website copy that makes your site visitors go, “OMG, that’s me! And I need that!” How do we write this content for your business? We thoroughly study your audience, utilize current marketing strategies, and write with thoroughly researched words that resonate with your audience.
We will write the words, that way you don’t have to.
Good Website Copywriting Is Written Like A Story
Where a hero meets a guide, and your customer is the hero.
Can you guess who the hero is on this web page’s copy? It’s You!!! If you’re not sure how let us explain, because every hero hits a roadblock. As a small business owner who currently has a website, needs to revamp that website or is starting one, your roadblock is the words you need to write on it.
You’re a business owner, and you know the type. Good website copy is copy that gives you an emotional connection to the business. It makes you feel and relate. It’s copy that makes you look at your laptop and go “that person gets me.”
At this point in your story, you have either tried writing your own website copy, started looking for help to quell the frustration, or realized you don’t have time and need to hire a 3rd party. Oh, and you can tell if your website’s copy is working or not. If your site gets visitors and NO ONE contacts you, then it’s your on page copy.
But, you tried! You gave it your absolute all, and we commend you for it because it shows hard work.
Now that you have found us, you’ve found your trusty guide. The people who will make sure you (THE HERO), accomplish the goals you set for yourself. Spiderman needed Uncle Ben and Batman needed Alfred, so why can’t you have your own? That’s where we come in. Whether you’re rewriting your website’s copy or currently developing one, or prepping for your next launch, you’ll have us to solve your problems by writing the words.
And it doesn’t end at websites. We write ad copy, social media posts, blog pages, landing pages, emails, and more. We just love to write.
So whether you’re a seasoned business owner who needs to revamp your site, a brand new business owner, or someone in between, you can count on us to be there for you so you don’t suffer the DIY pain we mentioned above. We will write the narrative you want to convey. The one that relates to your target audience, and makes them say, “I want to do business with them.”
Let's Start Writing Your Story With A Free Strategy Session
A story will resonate with people, no matter what you’re selling.
More Of What Website Copywriting Services Can Do For You
Freshly Written Copy In 3 Easy Steps
Just go to our contact page or shoot us a call at 804-822-0901.
Strategize for Free
We will meet for 30 minutes to an hour and see how we match.
We will write your copy and it will be the harbinger of a more attractive online presence.
Good Website Copy Is What Sells
Website copy is VITAL to ensuring the success of your website. In this section, we will tell you more about our website copywriting service and what it entails.
We stated earlier that so many websites are too generic. If you have not checked it out for yourself, look up a service like “web designer near me.” As we’re typing this content we are Googling this key phrase and taking a look at the top five results.
We won’t call out any competitors, but as we read we recognize a pattern. All the websites talk about how important good website copywriting is and then they describe their services. It’s all the same. So as a consumer, how do you know which one to choose?
Our website copy follows a specific pattern that is designed to elicit an emotional response from your target audience. If you want proof, just look at this page. Here is the website copywriting structure we follow:
- An opening with a unique value proposition (UVP).
- Sections that describe how hard life is without having the service.
- What life is like with the product or service your company provides.
- Testimonials, reviews, and other social proof your business’s solution works.
- An emotional call to action with an offer your target audience can’t say no to.
- Other information about the service, FAQs, and other content sections.
- The content is then optimized for SEO. Before we start writing we research the best keywords and phrases, the location, and the keyword percentage of Google’s top-ranking websites.
- Write a first draft and then multiple drafts that are reviewed by those in the target audience.
Blog Copywriting Guides Visitors On A Journey
Website copy isn’t limited to your home and service pages. The blog is an important part of your website that can bring users to your site long before they realize your service/product is what they need.
Some people are at the beginning of their search for a solution to a problem and might not be ready to make a purchase. Your blog can answer basic questions, capture contact information, and guide them toward your service and contact pages.
This is why having an experienced SEO copywriter is important. These copywriters don’t just write words that attract, but can also optimize blog posts so they rank on Google, and structure a blog so it walks users through the journey of trying to solve their problems to becoming lifelong customers.
- When writing blog copy we go well beyond studying the industry, we perform intense research into very niche topics within the industry.
- When we’re managing your company’s blog and writing copy, we ensure every post is optimized for SEO to help it rank on Google.
- Every blog post will be structured like a story. They will have a hook, story, and offer.
- Your blog will provide site visitors a chance to subscribe and receive a newsletter or updates when new content is released.
- Each article will be connected to drive people through the proper keyword funnel, taking them through the journey from reader to customer.
Social Media Copy Can Increase Exposure
By this point, you should start seeing a trend. We follow direct response marketing principles in every service we provide, whether it’s web design or copywriting. Writing social media copy is no different, and it’s another place we see business owners struggle.
We have heard business owners say “Social media doesn’t work.” Then when we take a look at the posts we see they aren’t using proper social media marketing strategies. Here are some items we notice are missing from many businesses’ social media profiles:
- Profiles only state what the business does, not what life is like if the customer purchases from them.
- Business owners write the same copy for all posts whether they are using Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, or another platform.
- The social media profiles don’t have a call to action directly on the page.
- The posts don’t follow a proper hook, story, and offer structure (headline, content, call-to-action) to capture attention, keep it, and convert profile visitors into followers.
- Improper hashtags are used within the copy or hashtags are put in the wrong place.
- Not all posts need to have a direct call-to-action like “call now for a free…etc.” But, posts should follow a series of topics that maintain interest and don’t oversell.
Paid Ads Are For Getting Customers Now
Unlike social media and blog copy, paid ad copywriting is much more direct. You can have pay-per-click ads written for social media platforms, Amazon, Google, and other search engines.
But, paid ads are for getting customers to your landing pages NOW. Why do we write paid ads this way? Because we are writing the copy for those who need your product or service NOW.
This type of copy is unique and is a lot like direct response copywriting for service and product landing pages. Here are some of the requirements we put in all our paid ad copy.
- Paid ad copy must be heavily tested.
- All ad copy must be written for the proper platform.
- Each ad has to have a hook, story, and offer.
- The hook needs to exemplify how bad things are without your goods and services.
- The story has to describe the success others have had with your product or service.
- Each ad must have a call to action connected to a lead-generating or sales offer.
- Ad copy has to have the target audience as the main subject, not the business.
Email Has The Highest ROI And Needs Good Copy
Did you know email has the highest ROI (return on investment) of any form of digital marketing? Per an article from HubSpot, successful email marketing campaigns can provide a $36 return for each $1 spent.
But without good email copy, your email campaigns can fall flat on their faces, and nobody will even open them. Or worse, return a negative ROI (return on investment). Each part of the email must be written with purpose:
- The subject line has to hook the recipient.
- The email has to have an offer they can’t refuse. This can include reading your email newsletter because it gives them the information they need.
- An irresistible call to action to go read a blog page, purchase a product, or some other action that grows your business.
- Constantly tweak your emails to improve open rates and get a higher return.
Website Copywriting Services: FAQ
If you don’t see the answer to your question, contact us.
Should I hire a copywriter for my website?
Writing copy is a time-consuming job that requires a lot of research, practice, and training. It’s a good idea for every small business to invest in a copywriting service because business owners need their time. Your time is vital when it comes to growing your business, and it will take you a lot of time to learn. Plus, when you’re doing it for the first time, the failures can be very demoralizing for you.
Cant I just use Chat GPT or another AI?
Chat GPT and AI are making do-it-yourself much more enticing. If you know the proper prompts, AI can help you come up with topics, organize those topics into subtopics, and improve grammar. But, AI doesn’t have the natural touch or emotion that a human can provide the copy, and Google is being coded to detect and punish websites that abuse AI. That means if you can be punished if you still don’t take the time to learn copywriting.
What platforms do you write copy for?
You can have us write for your blog, B2B site, eCommerce website, printed marketing materials, or social media. However, you will get the most value when you hire us to write search engine-optimized copy for your website that is designed to entice your site visitors to call, buy, or subscribe.
How much do copywriting services cost?
Copywriters charge based on multiple factors, including the topic, number of words, copywriter agency (overhead), and number of pages. The price varies wildly, from $25 to $10,000 per page, depending on the service. When you choose M.J. Web Design, your written copy is included in the cost of your website’s design. If you’re only looking for words, it will depend on the scope of the project.
What types of clients do you work with?
Our company works with a wide range of industries thanks to how we do things. Our company has very in-depth questionnaires, researches heavily, and concentrates on copy that’s designed to create action. Our goal is to learn your business and audience intricately, so we can write copy that isn’t filled with industry jargon and technical details. We want to make you money.
How long will it take to write my copy?
This will depend on a few variables. We need to collect all the necessary information about your business, your goals, and your target audience. Then, we have to research the market and discover what is most likely to drive traffic, purchases, or leads. How much time it takes will also depend on the number of pages and the size of the website. It’s best to contact us so we can discuss your project.
Your web agency is in Richmond, VA, what if my business is elsewhere?
This is okay since we’re working over the internet. Our web design agency has written copy for businesses located in the City of Richmond, VA, the surrounding counties, Northern Virginia, and in other states.
Do yo u have any other resources about website copywriting?
Sure, here are some links that will tell you about the website copywriting industry and what you should expect.